Post Publication Policies
- Any press release must be coordinated with AHA News Media department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please contact News Media as soon as you are aware of a potential news release on an accepted article.
- Requests for permission to reproduce figures, tables, or portions of articles originally published in ATVB can be obtained via Rightslink (a service of the Copyright Clearance Center), not the Editorial Office. All permission requests are now processed via the Rightslink online system. Steps for obtaining permission include:
- On ATVB's home page, either search for the article using the Search feature or locate a copy of the article in the online archives for which you are requesting permission.
- Next, select the Full Text or PDF version of the article.
- Then, locate the "Request Permissions" link in the menu on the right side of the Web page (under "Services"). A new Web browser will open, which is Rightslink.
- Follow the step-by-step instructions in Rightslink for requesting permission by:
- Selecting the way the content will be used.
- Creating an account, if one does not exist already.
- Accepting the terms and conditions for reuse.
- Determining method of payment.
- Further information can be found in the Permissions and Rights Instructions.
- Note: For AHA Scientific Statements and Guidelines, permission to reprint, modify, alter, enhance, copy, or distribute this content must be obtained from the American Heart Association. Instructions are located at http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/General/Copyright-Permission-Guidelines_UCM_300404_Article.jsp. A link to the "Copyright Permissions Request Form" appears on the right side of the Web page.
Online Publication Information
- All original research articles are published online before print, in PDF format, on the ATVB Web site within a few weeks after acceptance and are accessible through the ATVBe First link at http://atvb.ahajournals.org/content/early/recent. Articles available at this link have been copyedited and typeset but not corrected by the authors. To signify that the articles are being prepared for print and online publication, including proofreading and author review, the PDFs bear a "First Proof Only" watermark. Authors of ATVBe First articles will receive an e-mail notification that their article has published online, followed quickly by an e-mail notification that their galley proofs are available for review and correction. Author corrections, including changes that will affect the title, byline, or other PubMed indexing data, will be applied before the article is published in an issue of the journal. Each article published online ahead of print is citable, with the official publication date being the date of the manuscript's first online posting. ATVB papers are assigned Digital Object Identifiers (DOIs), providing a persistent, permanent way to identify manuscripts published in the online environment.
- Online publication provides an opportunity for authors to present additional information and/or information not geared to text. Material to be published as an online-only data supplement must be supplied as a separate file with a .pdf file extension. At the top of the data supplement PDF, the following text should be added: "Supplemental Material." This will differentiate it from the article. Please number items to be published in print using the Arabic system (1 to 5) and items to be published online only using the Roman system (I to V). When referring to online-only material in the print version of the manuscript, use the phrase "please see http://atvb.ahajournals.org." If citations are made in a data supplement, the data supplement must contain its own independent reference section.
- The editorial office is not responsible for converting files to a suitable format or for extracting data supplement material from the print manuscript files. Data supplements appear only online and will not appear in reprints of the article.
- Color reprints are not available for articles that appear online only.
Instructions to Authors Main Menu
|Instructions for Authors Home||Manuscript Types|
|Manuscript Preparation||File Formatting|
|Submission Requirements||ATVB Awards|
|Research Guidelines||Journal Policies|
|Costs to Authors||Post Publication Policies|
|Useful Links||ATVB Home|