Original Research Articles in the Publish-Ahead-of-Print area have been accepted for publication in ATVB. They have neither been copyedited nor appeared in a print or online issue of the journal. Once the accepted manuscripts appear in the Publish-Ahead-of-Print area, they will be prepared for print and online publication, which includes copyediting, typesetting, proofreading, and author review. This process may lead to differences between the accepted version of the manuscript and the final, published version. In some cases, a manuscript accepted and published ahead of print may be revised before it is eventually published in print and online. In these cases, a new revised version of the manuscript will be added online.
AHA Scientific Statements and Guidelines (and select Original Articles) in the Publish-Ahead-of-Print area have been typeset, copyedited, and reviewed by the writing group or author, but they have not appeared in a print or online issue of the journal. In some cases, the statement or guideline may be revised before it is eventually published in print and online. In these cases, a new revised version of the manuscript will be added online, as well as its accompanying erratum.
Each manuscript published online ahead of print is citable, with the official publication date being the date of the manuscript's first online posting. ATVB papers are assigned Digital Object Identifiers (DOIs), providing a persistent, permanent way to identify manuscripts published in the online environment.
- You have accessRestricted accessMolecular Magnetic Resonance Imaging for the Detection of Vulnerable PlaquesIs It Possible?: RetractedBrigit den Adel, Mat J. Daemen, Robert E. Poelmann and Louise van der WeerdArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2013;ATVBAHA.112.300108, originally published April 10, 2013https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.112.300108
- You have accessRestricted accessApolipoprotein A-I Mimetic PeptidesDiscordance Between In Vitro and In Vivo PropertiesMichael Ditiatkovski, Jonatan Palsson, Jaye Chin-Dusting, Alan T. Remaley and Dmitri SviridovArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2017;ATVBAHA.117.309523, originally published May 18, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.117.309523
- You have accessRestricted accessiNOS-Derived Nitric Oxide Induces Integrin-Linked Kinase Endocytic Lysosome-Mediated Degradation in the Vascular EndotheliumPaula Reventun, Matilde Alique, Irene Cuadrado, Susana Marquez, Rocio Toro, Carlos Zaragoza and Marta SauraArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2017;ATVBAHA.117.309560, originally published May 25, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.117.309560
- You have accessRestricted accessADAMTS5 Deficiency in Calcified Aortic Valves Is Associated With Elevated Pro-Osteogenic Activity in Valvular Interstitial CellsFei Li, Rui Song, Lihua Ao, T. Brett Reece, Joseph C. Cleveland, Nianguo Dong, David A. Fullerton and Xianzhong MengArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2017;ATVBAHA.117.309021, originally published May 25, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.117.309021
- You have accessRestricted accessActivation of Adiponectin Receptor Regulates Proprotein Convertase Subtilisin/Kexin Type 9 Expression and Inhibits Lesions in ApoE-Deficient MiceLei Sun, Xiaoxiao Yang, Qi Li, Peng Zeng, Ying Liu, Lipei Liu, Yuanli Chen, Miao Yu, Chuanrui Ma, Xiaoju Li, Yan Li, Rongxin Zhang, Yan Zhu, Qing Robert Miao, Jihong Han and Yajun DuanArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2017;ATVBAHA.117.309630, originally published May 25, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.117.309630
- You have accessRestricted accessIncreased Hepatic Expression of Endothelial Lipase Inhibits Cholesterol Diet–Induced Hypercholesterolemia and Atherosclerosis in Transgenic RabbitsChuan Wang, Kazutoshi Nishijima, Shuji Kitajima, Manabu Niimi, Haizhao Yan, Yajie Chen, Bo Ning, Fumikazu Matsuhisa, Enqi Liu, Jifeng Zhang, Y. Eugene Chen and Jianglin FanArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2017;ATVBAHA.117.309139, originally published May 25, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.117.309139
- You have accessRestricted accessOligogalacturonic Acid Inhibits Vascular Calcification by Two MechanismsInhibition of Vascular Smooth Muscle Cell Osteogenic Conversion and Interaction With CollagenAhmed Hodroge, Eric Trécherel, Marjorie Cornu, Walaa Darwiche, Ali Mansour, Katia Ait-Mohand, Thomas Verissimo, Cathy Gomila, Carole Schembri, Sophie Da Nascimento, Redouan Elboutachfaiti, Agnès Boullier, Emmanuel Lorne, Josiane Courtois, Emmanuel Petit, Sylvestre Toumieux, José Kovensky, Pascal Sonnet, Ziad A. Massy, Saïd Kamel, Claire Rossi and Jérôme AusseilArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2017;ATVBAHA.117.309513, originally published May 18, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.117.309513
- You have accessRestricted accessCirculating MicroRNA-125b Predicts the Presence and Progression of Uremic Vascular CalcificationChia-Ter Chao, You-Pi Liu, Sheng-Fang Su, Hsiang-Yuan Yeh, Hsuan-Yu Chen, Pei-Jung Lee, Wan-Jiun Chen, Yee-Ming Lee, Jenq-Wen Huang, Chih-Kang Chiang, Kuan-Yu Hung and Huei-Wen ChenArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2017;ATVBAHA.117.309566, originally published May 18, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.117.309566
- You have accessRestricted accessTissue Factor Prothrombotic Activity Is Regulated by Integrin-arf6 TraffickingAndrea S. Rothmeier, Patrizia Marchese, Florian Langer, Yuichi Kamikubo, Florence Schaffner, Joseph Cantor, Mark H. Ginsberg, Zaverio M. Ruggeri and Wolfram RufArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2017;ATVBAHA.117.309315, originally published May 11, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.117.309315
- You have accessRestricted accessNeutrophil Extracellular Traps Drive Endothelial-to-Mesenchymal TransitionElmar Pieterse, Nils Rother, Marjolein Garsen, Julia Hofstra, Simon Satchell, Markus Hoffmann, Markus Loeven, Hanneke Knaapen, Olivier van der Heijden, Jo Berden, Luuk Hilbrands and Johan van der VlagArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2017;ATVBAHA.117.309002, originally published May 11, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.117.309002
- You have accessRestricted accessADAMTS13 Retards Progression of Diabetic Nephropathy by Inhibiting Intrarenal Thrombosis in MiceNirav Dhanesha, Prakash Doddapattar, Mehul R. Chorawala, Manasa K. Nayak, Koichi Kokame, Janice M. Staber, Steven R. Lentz and Anil K. ChauhanArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2017;ATVBAHA.117.309539, originally published May 11, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.117.309539
- You have accessRestricted accessEndothelial Myocyte Enhancer Factor 2c Inhibits Migration of Smooth Muscle Cells Through Fenestrations in the Internal Elastic LaminaYao Wei Lu, Anthony M. Lowery, Li-Yan Sun, Harold A. Singer, Guohao Dai, Alejandro P. Adam, Peter A. Vincent and John J. SchwarzArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2017;ATVBAHA.117.309180, originally published May 4, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.117.309180
- You have accessRestricted accessDBA/2J Haplotype on Distal Chromosome 2 Reduces Mertk Expression, Restricts Efferocytosis, and Increases Susceptibility to AtherosclerosisYukako Kayashima, Natalia Makhanova and Nobuyo MaedaArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2017;ATVBAHA.117.309522, originally published May 4, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.117.309522
- You have accessRestricted accessJanus Kinase 3, a Novel Regulator for Smooth Muscle Proliferation and Vascular RemodelingYung-Chun Wang, Xiao-Bing Cui, Ya-Hui Chuang and Shi-You ChenArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2017;ATVBAHA.116.308895, originally published May 4, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.116.308895
- Open AccessSerotonin Signaling Through the 5-HT1B Receptor and NADPH Oxidase 1 in Pulmonary Arterial HypertensionKatie Y. Hood, Kirsty M. Mair, Adam P. Harvey, Augusto C. Montezano, Rhian M. Touyz and Margaret R. MacLeanArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2017;ATVBAHA.116.308929, originally published May 4, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.116.308929
- You have accessRestricted accessImplication of Inflammation and Epigenetic Readers in Coronary Artery Remodeling in Patients With Pulmonary Arterial HypertensionJolyane Meloche, Marie-Claude Lampron, Valérie Nadeau, Mélanie Maltais, François Potus, Caroline Lambert, Eve Tremblay, Géraldine Vitry, Sandra Breuils-Bonnet, Olivier Boucherat, Eric Charbonneau, Steeve Provencher, Roxane Paulin and Sébastien BonnetArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2017;ATVBAHA.117.309156, originally published May 4, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.117.309156
- You have accessRestricted accessStatin Pretreatment and Microembolic Signals in Large Artery AtherosclerosisApostolos Safouris, Christos Krogias, Vijay K. Sharma, Aristeidis H. Katsanos, Simon Faissner, Andromachi Rousopoulou, Christina Zompola, Janina Kneiphof, Odysseas Kargiotis, Spyridon Deftereos, Georgios Giannopoulos, Nikos Triantafyllou, Konstantinos Voumvourakis, Konstantinos Vadikolias and Georgios TsivgoulisArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2017;ATVBAHA.117.309292, originally published April 27, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.117.309292
- You have accessRestricted accessGas6 (Growth Arrest–Specific 6) Promotes Inflammatory (CCR2hiCX3CR1lo) Monocyte Recruitment in Venous ThrombosisSandrine Laurance, François-René Bertin, Talin Ebrahimian, Yusra Kassim, Ryan N. Rys, Stéphanie Lehoux, Catherine A. Lemarié and Mark D. BlosteinArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2017;ATVBAHA.116.308925, originally published April 27, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.116.308925