Original Research Articles in the Publish-Ahead-of-Print area have been accepted for publication in ATVB. They have neither been copyedited nor appeared in a print or online issue of the journal. Once the accepted manuscripts appear in the Publish-Ahead-of-Print area, they will be prepared for print and online publication, which includes copyediting, typesetting, proofreading, and author review. This process may lead to differences between the accepted version of the manuscript and the final, published version. In some cases, a manuscript accepted and published ahead of print may be revised before it is eventually published in print and online. In these cases, a new revised version of the manuscript will be added online.
AHA Scientific Statements and Guidelines (and select Original Articles) in the Publish-Ahead-of-Print area have been typeset, copyedited, and reviewed by the writing group or author, but they have not appeared in a print or online issue of the journal. In some cases, the statement or guideline may be revised before it is eventually published in print and online. In these cases, a new revised version of the manuscript will be added online, as well as its accompanying erratum.
Each manuscript published online ahead of print is citable, with the official publication date being the date of the manuscript's first online posting. ATVB papers are assigned Digital Object Identifiers (DOIs), providing a persistent, permanent way to identify manuscripts published in the online environment.
ATVB in Focus: iPSC-Derived Cell Types Relevant to Atherothrombosis
- You have accessRestricted accessDifferentiation and Application of Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell–Derived Vascular Smooth Muscle CellsEithne Margaret Maguire, Qingzhong Xiao and Qingbo XuArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2017;ATVBAHA.117.309196, originally published August 31, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.117.309196
- You have accessRestricted accessCRISPR-Cas9 Genome Editing for Treatment of Atherogenic DyslipidemiaAlexandra C. Chadwick and Kiran MusunuruArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2017;ATVBAHA.117.309326, originally published August 24, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.117.309326
- You have accessRestricted accessModeling Inborn Errors of Hepatic Metabolism Using Induced Pluripotent Stem CellsBehshad Pournasr and Stephen A. DuncanArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2017;ATVBAHA.117.309199, originally published August 17, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.117.309199
- You have accessRestricted accessInduced Pluripotent Stem Cell–Derived Endothelial Cells in Insulin Resistance and Metabolic SyndromeIvan Carcamo-Orive, Ngan F. Huang, Thomas Quertermous and Joshua W. KnowlesArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2017;ATVBAHA.117.309291, originally published July 20, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.117.309291
- You have accessRestricted accessMolecular Magnetic Resonance Imaging for the Detection of Vulnerable PlaquesIs It Possible?: RetractedBrigit den Adel, Mat J. Daemen, Robert E. Poelmann and Louise van der WeerdArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2013;ATVBAHA.112.300108, originally published April 10, 2013https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.112.300108
- You have accessRestricted accessCRISPR/Cas9-Mediated Gene Editing in Human iPSC-Derived Macrophage Reveals Lysosomal Acid Lipase Function in Human MacrophagesHanrui Zhang, Jianting Shi, Melanie A. Hachet, Chenyi Xue, Robert C. Bauer, Hongfeng Jiang, Wenjun Li, Junichiro Tohyama, John Millar, Jeffrey Billheimer, Michael C. Phillips, Babak Razani, Daniel J. Rader and Muredach P. ReillyArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2017;ATVBAHA.117.310023, originally published September 7, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.117.310023
- You have accessRestricted accessImpact of Non–Vitamin K Antagonist Oral Anticoagulants From a Basic Science PerspectiveMaureane Hoffman and Dougald M. MonroeArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2017;ATVBAHA.117.306995, originally published August 10, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.117.306995
- You have accessRestricted accessLymphangiogenesis Facilitates Initial Lymph Formation and Enhances the Dendritic Cell Mobilizing Chemokine CCL21 Without Affecting MigrationTine V. Karlsen, Tore Reikvam, Anne Tofteberg, Elham Nikpey, Trude Skogstrand, Marek Wagner, Olav Tenstad and Helge WiigArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2017;ATVBAHA.117.309883, originally published September 21, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.117.309883
- You have accessRestricted accessPerinatal Hypercholesterolemia Exacerbates Atherosclerosis Lesions in Offspring by Altering Metabolism of Trimethylamine-N-Oxide and Bile AcidsCharlotte Trenteseaux, Anh-thu Gaston, Audrey Aguesse, Guillaume Poupeau, Pierre de Coppet, Ramaroson Andriantsitohaina, Jamila Laschet, Valérie Amarger, Michel Krempf, Estelle Nobecourt-Dupuy and Khadija OuguerramArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2017;ATVBAHA.117.309923, originally published September 21, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.117.309923
- You have accessRestricted accessResveratrol Inhibits Growth of Experimental Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Associated With Upregulation of Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme 2Corey S. Moran, Erik Biros, Smriti M. Krishna, Yutang Wang, Chris Tikellis, Joseph V. Moxon, Mark E. Cooper, Paul E. Norman, Louise M. Burrell, Merlin C. Thomas and Jonathan GolledgeArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2017;ATVBAHA.117.310129, originally published September 21, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.117.310129
- You have accessRestricted accessLeptin Induces Sca-1+ Progenitor Cell Migration Enhancing Neointimal Lesions in Vessel-Injury Mouse ModelsYao Xie, Claire M.F. Potter, Alexandra Le Bras, Witold N. Nowak, Wenduo Gu, Shirin Issa Bhaloo, Zhongyi Zhang, Yanhua Hu, Li Zhang and Qingbo XuArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2017;ATVBAHA.117.309852, originally published September 21, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.117.309852
- You have accessRestricted accessScavenger Receptor CD36 Directs Nonclassical Monocyte Patrolling Along the Endothelium During Early AtherogenesisPaola M. Marcovecchio, Graham D. Thomas, Zbigniew Mikulski, Erik Ehinger, Karin A.L. Mueller, Amy Blatchley, Runpei Wu, Yury I. Miller, Anh Tram Nguyen, Angela M. Taylor, Coleen A. McNamara, Klaus Ley and Catherine C. HedrickArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2017;ATVBAHA.117.309123, originally published September 21, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.117.309123
- Open AccessNovel Pathological Role of hnRNPA1 (Heterogeneous Nuclear Ribonucleoprotein A1) in Vascular Smooth Muscle Cell Function and Neointima HyperplasiaLi Zhang, Qishan Chen, Weiwei An, Feng Yang, Eithne Margaret Maguire, Dan Chen, Cheng Zhang, Guanmei Wen, Mei Yang, Bin Dai, Le Anh Luong, Jianhua Zhu, Qingbo Xu and Qingzhong XiaoArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2017;ATVBAHA.117.310020, originally published September 14, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.117.310020
- You have accessRestricted accessD-Dimer in African AmericansWhole Genome Sequence Analysis and Relationship to Cardiovascular Disease Risk in the Jackson Heart StudyLaura M. Raffield, Neil A. Zakai, Qing Duan, Cecelia Laurie, Joshua D. Smith, Marguerite R. Irvin, Margaret F. Doyle, Rakhi P. Naik, Ci Song, Ani W. Manichaikul, Yongmei Liu, Peter Durda, Jerome I. Rotter, Nancy S. Jenny, Stephen S. Rich, James G. Wilson, Andrew D. Johnson, Adolfo Correa, Yun Li, Deborah A. Nickerson, Kenneth Rice, Ethan M. Lange, Mary Cushman, Leslie A. Lange and Alex P. ReinerArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2017;ATVBAHA.117.310073, originally published September 14, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.117.310073
- You have accessRestricted accessTGFβ (Transforming Growth Factor-β) Blockade Induces a Human-Like Disease in a Nondissecting Mouse Model of Abdominal Aortic AneurysmFabien Lareyre, Marc Clément, Juliette Raffort, Stefanie Pohlod, Meghana Patel, Bruno Esposito, Leanne Master, Alison Finigan, Marie Vandestienne, Nikolaos Stergiopulos, Soraya Taleb, Bram Trachet and Ziad MallatArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2017;ATVBAHA.117.309999, originally published September 14, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.117.309999
- You have accessRestricted accessLower Plasma Fetuin-A Levels Are Associated With a Higher Mortality Risk in Patients With Coronary Artery DiseaseXuechen Chen, Yuan Zhang, Qian Chen, Qing Li, Yanping Li and Wenhua LingArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2017;ATVBAHA.117.309700, originally published September 14, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.117.309700
- You have accessRestricted accessClass III PI3K Positively Regulates Platelet Activation and Thrombosis via PI(3)P-Directed Function of NADPH OxidaseYangyang Liu, Mengjiao Hu, Dongjiao Luo, Ming Yue, Shuai Wang, Xiaoyan Chen, Yangfan Zhou, Yi Wang, Yanchun Cai, Xiaolan Hu, Yuehai Ke, Zhongzhou Yang and Hu HuArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2017;ATVBAHA.117.309751, originally published September 7, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.117.309751
- You have accessRestricted accessIndependent and Synergistic Associations of Biomarkers of Vitamin D Status With Risk of Coronary Heart DiseaseLu Qi, Wenjie Ma, Yoriko Heianza, Yan Zheng, Tiange Wang, Dianjianyi Sun, Eric B. Rimm, Frank B. Hu, Edward Giovannucci, Christine M. Albert, Kathryn M. Rexrode and JoAnn E. MansonArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2017;ATVBAHA.117.309548, originally published September 7, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.117.309548
- You have accessRestricted accessABCA8 Regulates Cholesterol Efflux and High-Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol LevelsLaia Trigueros-Motos, Julian C. van Capelleveen, Federico Torta, David Castaño, Lin-Hua Zhang, Caryn Chai, Martin Kang, Lidiya G. Dimova, Alinda W.M. Schimmel, Ian Tietjen, Chris Radomski, Liang Juin Tan, Thiam Chung Hwee, Pradeep Narayanaswamy, Daniel Wu, Fabian Dorninger, Gopala Krishna Yakala, Amina Barhdadi, Veronique Angeli, Marie-Pierre Dubé, Johannes Berger, Geesje M. Dallinga-Thie, Uwe J.F. Tietge, Markus R. Wenk, Michael R. Hayden, G. Kees Hovingh and Roshni R. SingarajaArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2017;ATVBAHA.117.309574, originally published September 7, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.117.309574
- Open AccessMechanical Activation of Hypoxia-Inducible Factor 1α Drives Endothelial Dysfunction at Atheroprone SitesShuang Feng, Neil Bowden, Maria Fragiadaki, Celine Souilhol, Sarah Hsiao, Marwa Mahmoud, Scott Allen, Daniela Pirri, Blanca Tardajos Ayllon, Shamima Akhtar, A.A. Roger Thompson, Hanjoong Jo, Christian Weber, Victoria Ridger, Andreas Schober and Paul C. EvansArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2017;ATVBAHA.117.309249, originally published September 7, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.117.309249