Original Research Articles in the Publish-Ahead-of-Print area have been accepted for publication in ATVB. They have neither been copyedited nor appeared in a print or online issue of the journal. Once the accepted manuscripts appear in the Publish-Ahead-of-Print area, they will be prepared for print and online publication, which includes copyediting, typesetting, proofreading, and author review. This process may lead to differences between the accepted version of the manuscript and the final, published version. In some cases, a manuscript accepted and published ahead of print may be revised before it is eventually published in print and online. In these cases, a new revised version of the manuscript will be added online.
AHA Scientific Statements and Guidelines (and select Original Articles) in the Publish-Ahead-of-Print area have been typeset, copyedited, and reviewed by the writing group or author, but they have not appeared in a print or online issue of the journal. In some cases, the statement or guideline may be revised before it is eventually published in print and online. In these cases, a new revised version of the manuscript will be added online, as well as its accompanying erratum.
Each manuscript published online ahead of print is citable, with the official publication date being the date of the manuscript's first online posting. ATVB papers are assigned Digital Object Identifiers (DOIs), providing a persistent, permanent way to identify manuscripts published in the online environment.
- You have accessRestricted accessRecipients of the 2018 Early Career Investigator AwardsAlan DaughertyArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2018;ATVBAHA.118.310859, originally published February 15, 2018https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.118.310859
- You have accessRestricted accessMolecular Magnetic Resonance Imaging for the Detection of Vulnerable PlaquesIs It Possible?: RetractedBrigit den Adel, Mat J. Daemen, Robert E. Poelmann and Louise van der WeerdArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2013;ATVBAHA.112.300108, originally published April 10, 2013https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.112.300108
- You have accessRestricted accessSwitch in Laminin β2 to Laminin β1 Isoforms During Aging Controls Endothelial Cell FunctionsJulian U.G. Wagner, Emmanouil Chavakis, Eva-Maria Rogg, Marion Muhly-Reinholz, Simone F. Glaser, Stefan Günther, David John, Francesca Bonini, Andreas M. Zeiher, Liliana Schaefer, Melanie-Jane Hannocks, Reinier A. Boon and Stefanie DimmelerArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2018;ATVBAHA.117.310685, originally published March 29, 2018https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.117.310685
- You have accessRestricted accessDeficiency of Dab2 (Disabled Homolog 2) in Myeloid Cells Exacerbates Inflammation in Liver and Atherosclerotic Plaques in LDLR (Low-Density Lipoprotein Receptor)-Null MiceSamantha E. Adamson, Renata Polanowska-Grabowska, Kathryn Marqueen, Rachael Griffiths, Jerry Angdisen, Sarah R. Breevoort, Ira G. Schulman and Norbert LeitingerArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2018;ATVBAHA.117.310467, originally published March 29, 2018https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.117.310467
- You have accessRestricted accessVisualization of Monocytic Cells in Regressing Atherosclerotic Plaques by Intravital 2-Photon and Positron Emission Tomography–Based ImagingWenjun Li, Hannah P. Luehmann, Hsi-Min Hsiao, Satona Tanaka, Ryuiji Higashikubo, Jason M. Gauthier, Deborah Sultan, Kory J. Lavine, Steven L. Brody, Andrew E. Gelman, Robert J. Gropler, Yongjian Liu and Daniel KreiselArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2018;ATVBAHA.117.310517, originally published March 22, 2018https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.117.310517
- You have accessRestricted accessClassical Pathway of Complement Activation: Longitudinal Associations of C1q and C1-INH With Cardiovascular OutcomesThe CODAM Study (Cohort on Diabetes and Atherosclerosis Maastricht)Elisabeth Hertle, Ilja C.W. Arts, Carla J.H. van der Kallen, Edith J.M. Feskens, Casper G. Schalkwijk, Coen D.A. Stehouwer and Marleen M.J. van GreevenbroekArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2018;ATVBAHA.118.310806, originally published March 22, 2018https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.118.310806
- Open AccessGlycosaminoglycan Neutralization in Coagulation ControlAmélie I.S. Sobczak, Samantha J. Pitt and Alan J. StewartArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2018;ATVBAHA.118.311102, originally published April 19, 2018https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.118.311102
- You have accessRestricted accessExtracellular and Intracellular Cyclophilin A, Native and Post-Translationally Modified, Show Diverse and Specific Pathological Roles in DiseasesChao Xue, Mark P. Sowden and Bradford C. BerkArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2018;ATVBAHA.117.310661, originally published March 29, 2018https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.117.310661
- You have accessRestricted accessEffect of SFRP5 (Secreted Frizzled–Related Protein 5) on the WNT5A (Wingless-Type Family Member 5A)-Induced Endothelial Dysfunction and Its Relevance With Arterial Stiffness in Human SubjectsYun Kyung Cho, Yu Mi Kang, Seung Eun Lee, Yoo La Lee, So Mi Seol, Woo Je Lee, Joong-Yeol Park and Chang Hee JungArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2018;ATVBAHA.117.310649, originally published April 19, 2018https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.117.310649
- You have accessRestricted accessGenetic Deletion of IL (Interleukin)-19 Exacerbates Atherogenesis in Il19−/−×Ldlr−/− Double Knockout Mice by Dysregulation of mRNA Stability Protein HuR (Human antigen R)Mitali Ray, Khatuna Gabunia, Christine N. Vrakas, Allison B. Herman, Farah Kako, Sheri E. Kelemen, Laurel A. Grisanti and Michael V. AutieriArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2018;ATVBAHA.118.310929, originally published April 19, 2018https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.118.310929
- You have accessRestricted accessMicroRNA-Mediated Therapy Modulating Blood–Brain Barrier Disruption Improves Vascular Cognitive ImpairmentKensuke Toyama, Joshua M. Spin, Alicia C. Deng, Ting-Ting Huang, Ke Wei, Markus U. Wagenhäuser, Takuya Yoshino, Huy Nguyen, Joscha Mulorz, Soumajit Kundu, Uwe Raaz, Matti Adam, Isabel N. Schellinger, Ann Jagger and Philip S. TsaoArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2018;ATVBAHA.118.310822, originally published April 12, 2018https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.118.310822
- You have accessRestricted accessLymphatic Vasculature Requires ER (Estrogen Receptor)-α Signaling to Protect From LymphedemaFlorent Morfoisse, Florence Tatin, Benoit Chapût, Nicole Therville, Charlotte Vaysse, Raphael Métivier, Julie Malloizel-Delaunay, Francoise Pujol, Anne-Claire Godet, Fabienne De Toni, Frederic Boudou, Katia Grenier, David Dubuc, Eric Lacazette, Anne-Catherine Prats, Julie Guillermet-Guibert, Francoise Lenfant and Barbara Garmy-SusiniArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2018;ATVBAHA.118.310997, originally published April 12, 2018https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.118.310997
- You have accessRestricted accessHigh-Mobility Group Box 1 From Hypoxic Trophoblasts Promotes Endothelial Microparticle Production and Thrombophilia in PreeclampsiaYae Hu, Ruhong Yan, Ce Zhang, Zhichao Zhou, Meng Liu, Can Wang, Hong Zhang, Liang Dong, Tiantian Zhou, Yi Wu, Ningzheng Dong and Qingyu WuArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2018;ATVBAHA.118.310940, originally published April 12, 2018https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.118.310940
- You have accessRestricted accessO-Linked β-N-Acetylglucosamine Modification of A20 Enhances the Inhibition of NF-κB (Nuclear Factor-κB) Activation and Elicits Vascular Protection After Acute Endoluminal Arterial InjuryDan Yao, Lijuan Xu, Oufan Xu, Rujun Li, Mingxing Chen, Hui Shen, Huajiang Zhu, Fengyi Zhang, Deshang Yao, Yiu-Fai Chen, Suzanne Oparil, Zhengang Zhang and Kaizheng GongArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2018;ATVBAHA.117.310468, originally published April 5, 2018https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.117.310468
- You have accessRestricted accessNoncanonical Matrix Metalloprotease 1–Protease-Activated Receptor 1 Signaling Drives Progression of AtherosclerosisRajashree Rana, Tianfang Huang, Georgios Koukos, Elizabeth K. Fletcher, Susan E. Turner, Andrew Shearer, Paul A. Gurbel, Jeffrey J. Rade, Carey D. Kimmelstiel, Kevin P. Bliden, Lidija Covic and Athan KuliopulosArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2018;ATVBAHA.118.310967, originally published April 5, 2018https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.118.310967
- You have accessRestricted accessSettlement of Stenotic Site and Enhancement of Risk Factor Load for Atherosclerosis in Left Anterior Descending Coronary Artery by Myocardial BridgeYuri Akishima-Fukasawa, Yukio Ishikawa, Tetuo Mikami, Yoshikiyo Akasaka and Toshiharu IshiiArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2018;ATVBAHA.118.310933, originally published April 5, 2018https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.118.310933
- Open AccessRole of ADAMTS (A Disintegrin and Metalloproteinase With Thrombospondin Motifs)-5 in Aortic Dilatation and Extracellular Matrix RemodelingMarika Fava, Javier Barallobre-Barreiro, Ursula Mayr, Ruifang Lu, Athanasios Didangelos, Ferheen Baig, Marc Lynch, Norman Catibog, Abhishek Joshi, Temo Barwari, Xiaoke Yin, Marjan Jahangiri and Manuel MayrArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2018;ATVBAHA.117.310562, originally published April 5, 2018https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.117.310562
- You have accessRestricted accessPAR2 (Protease-Activated Receptor 2) Deficiency Attenuates Atherosclerosis in MiceShannon M. Jones, Adrien Mann, Kelsey Conrad, Keith Saum, David E. Hall, Lisa M. McKinney, Nathan Robbins, Joel Thompson, Abigail D. Peairs, Eric Camerer, Katey J. Rayner, Michael Tranter, Nigel Mackman and A. Phillip OwensArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2018;ATVBAHA.117.310082, originally published March 29, 2018https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.117.310082
- You have accessRestricted accessAfadin Facilitates Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor–Induced Network Formation and Migration of Vascular Endothelial Cells by Inactivating Rho-Associated Kinase Through ArhGAP29Toru Tagashira, Terunobu Fukuda, Muneaki Miyata, Kazuha Nakamura, Hidenobu Fujita, Yoshimi Takai, Ken-ichi Hirata and Yoshiyuki RikitakeArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2018;ATVBAHA.118.310991, originally published March 29, 2018https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.118.310991
- You have accessRestricted accessLAL (Lysosomal Acid Lipase) Promotes Reverse Cholesterol Transport In Vitro and In VivoKristin L. Bowden, Joshua A. Dubland, Teddy Chan, You-Hai Xu, Gregory A. Grabowski, Hong Du and Gordon A. FrancisArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2018;ATVBAHA.117.310507, originally published March 29, 2018https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.117.310507