Original Research Articles in the Publish-Ahead-of-Print area have been accepted for publication in ATVB. They have neither been copyedited nor appeared in a print or online issue of the journal. Once the accepted manuscripts appear in the Publish-Ahead-of-Print area, they will be prepared for print and online publication, which includes copyediting, typesetting, proofreading, and author review. This process may lead to differences between the accepted version of the manuscript and the final, published version. In some cases, a manuscript accepted and published ahead of print may be revised before it is eventually published in print and online. In these cases, a new revised version of the manuscript will be added online.
AHA Scientific Statements and Guidelines (and select Original Articles) in the Publish-Ahead-of-Print area have been typeset, copyedited, and reviewed by the writing group or author, but they have not appeared in a print or online issue of the journal. In some cases, the statement or guideline may be revised before it is eventually published in print and online. In these cases, a new revised version of the manuscript will be added online, as well as its accompanying erratum.
Each manuscript published online ahead of print is citable, with the official publication date being the date of the manuscript's first online posting. ATVB papers are assigned Digital Object Identifiers (DOIs), providing a persistent, permanent way to identify manuscripts published in the online environment.
ATVB Named Lecture Review
- You have accessRestricted access2017 Scientific Sessions Sol Sherry Distinguished Lecture in ThrombosisFactor XI as a Target for New AnticoagulantsJeffrey I. Weitz and James C. FredenburghArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2017;ATVBAHA.117.309664, originally published December 21, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.117.309664
- You have accessRestricted accessMolecular Magnetic Resonance Imaging for the Detection of Vulnerable PlaquesIs It Possible?: RetractedBrigit den Adel, Mat J. Daemen, Robert E. Poelmann and Louise van der WeerdArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2013;ATVBAHA.112.300108, originally published April 10, 2013https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.112.300108
- You have accessRestricted accessLp(a) (Lipoprotein(a)) Levels Predict Progression of Carotid Atherosclerosis in Subjects With Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease on Intensive Lipid TherapyAn Analysis of the AIM-HIGH (Atherothrombosis Intervention in Metabolic Syndrome With Low HDL/High Triglycerides: Impact on Global Health Outcomes) Carotid Magnetic Resonance Imaging SubstudyDaniel S. Hippe, Binh An P. Phan, Jie Sun, Daniel A. Isquith, Kevin O’Brien, John R. Crouse, Todd Anderson, John Huston, Santica M. Marcovina, Thomas S. Hatsukami, Chun Yuan and Xue-Qiao ZhaoArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2017;ATVBAHA.117.310368, originally published January 4, 2018https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.117.310368
- You have accessRestricted accessMacrophage Transitions in Heart Valve Development and Myxomatous Valve DiseaseAlexia Hulin, Lindsey J. Anstine, Andrew J. Kim, Sarah J. Potter, Tony DeFalco, Joy Lincoln and Katherine E. YutzeyArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2018;ATVBAHA.117.310667, originally published January 18, 2018https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.117.310667
- You have accessRestricted accessEndothelial Cell–Derived Von Willebrand Factor, But Not Platelet-Derived, Promotes Atherosclerosis in Apolipoprotein E–Deficient MicePrakash Doddapattar, Nirav Dhanesha, Mehul R. Chorawala, Chandler Tinsman, Manish Jain, Manasa K. Nayak, Janice M. Staber and Anil K. ChauhanArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2018;ATVBAHA.117.309918, originally published January 18, 2018https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.117.309918
- You have accessRestricted accessCigarette Smoke Initiates Oxidative Stress-Induced Cellular Phenotypic Modulation Leading to Cerebral Aneurysm PathogenesisRobert M. Starke, John W. Thompson, Muhammad S. Ali, Crissey L. Pascale, Alejandra Martinez Lege, Dale Ding, Nohra Chalouhi, David M. Hasan, Pascal Jabbour, Gary K. Owens, Michal Toborek, Joshua M. Hare and Aaron S. DumontArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2018;ATVBAHA.117.310478, originally published January 18, 2018https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.117.310478
- You have accessRestricted accessAPOC3 Loss-of-Function Mutations, Remnant Cholesterol, Low-Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol, and Cardiovascular RiskMediation and Meta-Analyses of 137 895 IndividualsAnders B. Wulff, Børge G. Nordestgaard and Anne Tybjærg-HansenArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2018;ATVBAHA.117.310473, originally published January 18, 2018https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.117.310473
- You have accessRestricted accessTargeted Deletion of Adipocyte Abca1 (ATP-Binding Cassette Transporter A1) Impairs Diet-Induced ObesityHelen Cuffe, Mingxia Liu, Chia-Chi C. Key, Elena Boudyguina, Janet K. Sawyer, Allison Weckerle, Alexander Bashore, Susan K. Fried, Soonkyu Chung and John S. ParksArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2018;ATVBAHA.117.309880, originally published January 18, 2018https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.117.309880
- You have accessRestricted accessFibronectin Containing Extra Domain A Induces Plaque Destabilization in the Innominate Artery of Aged Apolipoprotein E–Deficient MicePrakash Doddapattar, Manish Jain, Nirav Dhanesha, Steven R. Lentz and Anil K. ChauhanArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2018;ATVBAHA.117.310345, originally published January 11, 2018https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.117.310345
- You have accessRestricted accessPlasma n-3 and n-6 Fatty Acids Are Differentially Related to Carotid Plaque and Its ProgressionMESA (the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis)Brian T. Steffen, Weihua Guan, James H. Stein, Mathew C. Tattersall, Joel D. Kaufman, Veit Sandfort, Moyses Szklo and Michael Y. TsaiArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2018;ATVBAHA.117.310366, originally published January 11, 2018https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.117.310366
- Open AccessFOXO3a (Forkhead Transcription Factor O Subfamily Member 3a) Links Vascular Smooth Muscle Cell Apoptosis, Matrix Breakdown, Atherosclerosis, and Vascular Remodeling Through a Novel Pathway Involving MMP13 (Matrix Metalloproteinase 13)Haixiang Yu, Adam Fellows, Kirsty Foote, Zhaoqing Yang, Nichola Figg, Trevor Littlewood and Martin BennettArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2018;ATVBAHA.117.310502, originally published January 11, 2018https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.117.310502
- You have accessRestricted accessHigh-Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol and MortalityToo Much of a Good Thing?Mark Hamer, Gary O’Donovan and Emmanuel StamatakisArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2018;ATVBAHA.117.310587, originally published January 11, 2018https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.117.310587
- You have accessRestricted accessDNA Methylation and Age-Independent Cardiovascular Risk, an Epigenome-Wide ApproachThe REGICOR (REgistre GIroní del COR) StudyAlba Fernández-Sanlés, Sergi Sayols-Baixeras, Santiago Curcio, Isaac Subirana, Jaume Marrugat and Roberto ElosuaArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2018;ATVBAHA.117.310340, originally published January 11, 2018https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.117.310340
- You have accessRestricted accessChronic Kidney Disease Circulating Calciprotein Particles and Extracellular Vesicles Promote Vascular CalcificationA Role for GRP (Gla-Rich Protein)Carla S.B. Viegas, Lúcia Santos, Anjos L. Macedo, António A. Matos, Ana P. Silva, Pedro L. Neves, An Staes, Kris Gevaert, Rute Morais, Cees Vermeer, Leon Schurgers and Dina C. SimesArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2017;ATVBAHA.117.310578, originally published January 4, 2018https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.117.310578
- You have accessRestricted accessTRPV4 (Transient Receptor Potential Vanilloid 4) Channel–Dependent Negative Feedback Mechanism Regulates Gq Protein–Coupled Receptor–Induced VasoconstrictionKwangseok Hong, Eric L. Cope, Leon J. DeLalio, Corina Marziano, Brant E. Isakson and Swapnil K. SonkusareArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2017;ATVBAHA.117.310038, originally published January 4, 2018https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.117.310038
- You have accessRestricted accessCardiac Endothelial Cell TranscriptomeAchim Lother, Stella Bergemann, Lisa Deng, Martin Moser, Christoph Bode and Lutz HeinArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2017;ATVBAHA.117.310549, originally published January 4, 2018https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.117.310549
- You have accessRestricted accessEndogenous LINE-1 (Long Interspersed Nuclear Element-1) Reverse Transcriptase Activity in Platelets Controls Translational Events Through RNA–DNA HybridsHansjörg Schwertz, Jesse W. Rowley, Gerald G. Schumann, Ulrike Thorack, Robert A. Campbell, Bhanu Kanth Manne, Guy A. Zimmerman, Andrew S. Weyrich and Matthew T. RondinaArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2017;ATVBAHA.117.310552, originally published January 4, 2018https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.117.310552
- You have accessRestricted accessAkt2 Stabilizes ATP7A, a Copper Transporter for SOD3 (Extracellular Superoxide Dismutase), in Vascular Smooth MusclesNovel Mechanism to Limit Endothelial Dysfunction in Type 2 Diabetes MellitusVaradarajan Sudhahar, Mustafa Nazir Okur, Zsolt Bagi, John P. O’Bryan, Nissim Hay, Ayako Makino, Vijay S. Patel, Shane A. Phillips, David Stepp, Masuko Ushio-Fukai and Tohru FukaiArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2017;ATVBAHA.117.309819, originally published January 4, 2018https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.117.309819
- You have accessRestricted accessHomozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia Patients With Identical Mutations Variably Express the LDLR (Low-Density Lipoprotein Receptor)Implications for the Efficacy of EvolocumabAurélie Thedrez, Dirk J. Blom, Stéphane Ramin-Mangata, Valentin Blanchard, Mikaël Croyal, Kevin Chemello, Brice Nativel, Matthieu Pichelin, Bertrand Cariou, Steeve Bourane, Lihua Tang, Michel Farnier, Frederick J. Raal and Gilles LambertArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2017;ATVBAHA.117.310217, originally published December 28, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.117.310217
- You have accessRestricted accessFilamin A Modulates Store-Operated Ca2+ Entry by Regulating STIM1 (Stromal Interaction Molecule 1)–Orai1 Association in Human PlateletsJose J. Lopez, Letizia Albarrán, Isaac Jardín, Jose Sanchez-Collado, Pedro C. Redondo, Nuria Bermejo, Regis Bobe, Tarik Smani and Juan A. RosadoArteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2017;ATVBAHA.117.310139, originally published December 28, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.117.310139