AHA Issues New Products
The following new products for the public and the healthcare professional are available by calling 1-800-AHAUSA1.
• AHA Dietary Guidelines. The AHA Dietary Guidelines are revised and updated periodically to reflect new scientific advances and recommendations on the role of diet in the prevention of cardiovascular disease and stroke. Product code 71-0193.
• AHA Science Advisory: Assessment of Functional Capacity in Clinical and Research Applications: An Advisory From the Committee on Exercise, Rehabilitation, and Prevention, Council on Clinical Cardiology of the American Heart Association. This advisory highlights the major clinical and research applications of functional capacity assessment, including their specific applications in special populations, such as patients diagnosed with heart failure. Product code 71-0190.
• AHA Science Advisory: Recommendations for Preparticipation Screening and the Assessment of Cardiovascular Disease in Master’s Athletes: Ad Advisory for Healthcare Professionals From the Working Groups of the World Heart Federation, the International Federation of Sports Medicine, and the American Heart Association Committee on Exercise, Cardiac Rehabilitation. Product code 71-0198.
• AHA Science Advisory: Safety and Utility of Exercise Testing in Emergency Room Chest Pain Centers. This advisory provides a summary of the evidence regarding the safety and utility of exercise testing in the evaluation of chest pain patients who present to the emergency department. Product code 71-0189.
• AHA Science Advisory: Soy Protein and Cardiovascular Disease. The purpose of this advisory is to summarize the evidence on soy protein in reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease, with special emphasis on the potential benefits of substituting soy protein for foods high in saturated fat. Product code 71-0196.
• AHA Science Advisory: Wine and Your Heart. This advisory provides a brief summary of the effects of wine intake on cardiovascular disease. Product code 71-0199.
• American Heart Association’s Low-Fat and Luscious Dessert Cookbook. The AHA’s first-ever desserts cookbook, with >100 mouthwatering and sweet but innocent recipes. Features 16 pages of full-color photographs, plus nutritional analysis of every recipe. Product code 67-0105.
• Heart and Stroke Statistical Update 2001. This 81/2×103/4-inch 4-color reference booklet is the definitive source for the most recent statistics, tables, and graphs on cardiovascular disease, risk factors, medical procedures/operations, and economic cost. Product code 55-0537.
• Organizing Stroke Screenings. This product offers instructions for holding a successful stroke screening. The guide also includes a sample of a 4-part Stroke Risk Assessment Form that should be used to screen the participants. Product code 50-1460.
• Stroke Risk Assessment Form. The form is a carbonless, 4-part form to be used by healthcare professionals while they are evaluating a screening participant’s stroke risk. Product code 50-1462.
• Scientific Statement: ACC/AHA Clinical Competency Statement on Stress Testing. This statement is designed to assist in the assessment of competence in stress testing. The minimum education, training, experience, and cognitive and procedural skills necessary for competent performance and interpretation of exercise testing are specified. Product code 71-0192.
• Scientific Statement: ACC/AHA Clinical Competency Statement on Invasive Electrophysiology Studies, Catheter Ablation, and Cardioversion. This statement is designed to assist in the assessment of physicians’ competence on a procedure-specific basis. Product code 71-0191.
• Scientific Statement: ACC/AHA Guidelines for the Management of Patients With Unstable Angina and Non–ST-Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction: Executive Summary. Guidelines to assist physicians in clinical decision-making by describing a range of generally acceptable approaches for the diagnosis or management of patients with unstable angina or non–ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction. Product code 71-0187.
• Scientific Statement: ACC/AHA Guidelines for the Management of Patients With Unstable Angina and Non–ST-Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction: Full Text. Guidelines to assist physicians in clinical decision-making by describing a range of generally acceptable approaches for the diagnosis or management of patients with unstable angina or non–ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction. Product code 71-0188.
• Scientific Statement: Core Components of Cardiac Rehabilitation/Secondary Prevention Programs. This statement provides a concise summary of information related to the evaluation, intervention, and expected outcomes of each of the core components of cardiac rehabilitation/secondary prevention programs. Product code 71-0186.
• Scientific Statement: Management of Patients With Unruptured Intracranial Aneurysms. This statement reviews current issues in patient management of unruptured intracranial aneurysms, such as epidemiology, pathoetiology, clinical manifestations, diagnostic techniques, medical versus surgical management, relevant outcome measures, and therapeutic interventions, such as microcoil embolization. Product code 71-0195.